The holiday season is in full swing! It also means we are nearing year’s end, and the City of Lake Oswego is busy on many fronts related to planning in various areas, and of course there are toy drives, food drives and blood drives as well. Here are a few activities and events coming up in the next few weeks:
* Lake Oswego is hosting a Blood Drive at City Hall on Friday, December 10th from 10:00AM till 3:00PM. They say that walk-ins are welcome, and/but making an appointment in advance helps them to keep things moving along smoothly. If you’d like to schedule an appointment, please call 503 675 6394.
* The discussion and debate on new codes relating to “Sensitive Lands” is entering a new phase. The City Council is holding a hearing to discuss the code changes, and says that the changes have been designed to “…maintain legal compliance while decreasing regulations on sensitive lands.” The hearing is set for December 13th at 6:30PM in Council Chambers.
* Lake Oswego is exploring the possibilities for enhanced public transit between Lake Oswego and Portland. The Draft Environmental Impact Statement can be viewed here: DEIS A public hearing before the Project Steering Committee is scheduled for January 24th from 5:00PM – 8:00PM at the Lakewood Center.
* It’s Free Shred Day again!!! Bring your shred-ables to the West End Building at 4101 Kruse Way on Saturday, December 11th from 10:00Am till 1:00PM or until the truck is full.. For more information/guidelines etc, click HERE.
* Lake Oswego Parks and Recreation has a Questionnaire for your input. The purpose is to solicit feedback that will help them determine the way the park system will look in the next 10 – 15 years. To participate, click HERE.
* Lake Oswego’s Toy and Food Drives are nearing their deadlines. There are stockings that can be picked up and returned filled for needy families in Clackamas County. Drop off sites include City Hall, The West End Building and the Adult Community Center, but time is running out. Also, the Oregon Food Bank is in dire need of more donations this year. You may make a non-perishable food donation at any of the same drop-off locations. For more information please call 503 635 0257.