Here is the “just-released” data for you on the overall Portland area, as well as specific Lake Oswego/West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) activity:
Well, Folks… The market is definitely picking up. Just take a look at how the numbers break out below. According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area March, 2013.
- At 1,935, Closed Sales were the best since 2007, and a 40.6% increase over Feb. 2013!
- There were 3,002 New Listings, which is an increase of 22.4% over Feb. 2013!
- The Average Sale Price in March was $299,000, up from $282,000 in Feb. 2013.
- Pending Sales increased from Feb. 2013 by 23.4% to 2,628.
For our Property Blotter readers, the combined area of Lake Oswego and West Linn also reported every sales aspect improving compared to last month:
- 435 Active Listings
- 183 New Listings
- 154 Pending Sales
- 125 Closed Sales
- An average Sale Price of $494,900.
- Average Time on the Market: 120 Days