Here is your wider Portland Market Report according to RMLS data, with overall Neighborhood changes and Lake Oswego data broken out below.
Overview/Fluctuations ~ Market Data April 2021:
Record low Inventory continues. Competition is heavy and/but anecdotally the grapevine says more properties are starting to show up now in May, and I’m seeing & hearing about more Offers accepted at or nearer asking price. The numbers will tell next month when we look at May’s totals, but that is the buzz. Mortgage rates are still great. The latest, though it varies on a daily basis and from individual to individual, is 3.25-3.35% on a 30-year Conventional loan w/a 700 credit score & 20% down.
- There were 4,065 New Listings in April 2021 increased 42.8% over April 2020’s 2,487 and increased 17.3% from the previous month/March’s 3,465.
- At 2,946, April 2021’s Closed Sales are up 46.2% from April 2020’s 2,015, and also up 15.3% from the previous month/March’s total of 2,556
- At 3,400, April 2021’s Pending Sales increased 66.6% from April 2020’s 2,041, and also jumped up by 1.6% from the previous month/March’s total of 3,346.
- The Average Sale Price in April 2021 of $557,900 is up $80,500 from last year/April 2020’s $477,400, and up $3,600. from the previous month/March’s $554,300.
- The “Median” Sale Price (the price smack dab in the middle of all sales) in April 2021 of $500,000 rose $76,000 from last year/April 2020’s $424,000, and also increased $12,000 from the previous month/March’s $488,000.
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, April 2021:
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for the month of April 2021 reported:
- 123 Active Listings (Mar 112)
- 255 New Listings (Mar 188)
- 218 Pending Sales (Mar 156)
- 142 Closed Sales (Mar 112)
- Average Sale Price for Apr: $818,300 (Mar $944,100)
- NOTE: Higher-Priced vs Lower-Priced Homes Sales can skew the “Average” in any given month. Lake Oswego has quite a variety, so this tends to be a less meaningful stat, generally speaking, in this niche.
- 33 Average Days on the Market (Mar 77)