Here are the October numbers for Portland and the Lake Oswego/West Linn areas (RMLS lumps them together).
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, October, 2015:
- There were 3,063 New Listings in October which was down 10.5% from September (3,424), but up 6.3% from October of 2014.
- At 2,717, October Closed Sales fell 9.7% from September’s 3,010, and were up 9.2% from October of 2014’s 2,487.
- October Pending Sales (accepted offers), at 2,996 were up slightky at 0.8% from September’s 2,971, and fared 20.8% better than October of 2014’s 2,480 total.
- The Average Sale Price in October of $360,000 was up significantly at $11,000 over September’s $349,000, and also up almost $25,000 over October of 2014’s $335,600.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for the month of October 2015 reported:
- 390 Active Listings (Sept was 454)
- 143 New Listings (Sept was 228 )
- 142 Pending Sales (Sept was 181)
- 139 Closed Sales (Sept was 181 )
- Average Sale Price for October of $614,600 (Sept/$574,800. )
- NOTE: Higher-Priced vs Lower-Priced Homes Sales can skew the “Average” in any given month. Lake Oswego has quite a variety, so this tends to be a less meaningful stat, generally speaking, in this niche.
- Average Time on the Market: 73 Days (Sept was 59)