The most recent real estate numbers for Portland and the Lake Oswego/West Linn areas (RMLS lumps them together) are available.
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, March, 2015:
- There were 3,596 New Listings in March which was up a full 24.7% from last month/February! and up 16.4% from March of 2014.
- At 2,457 March Closed Sales increased a whopping 49.1% over February! and were up 32.3% from March of 2014.
- March Pending Sales (accepted offers), at 3,384, was the strongest since 2006. Up… 33.5% from February AND March of 2014.
- The Average Sale Price in March of $337,200 was up $9,200. from February’s Average of $328,000, and almost exactly the same from March of 2014’s $328,100.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for the month of March 2015 reported:
- 373 Active Listings (360 in Feb)
- 209 New Listings (198 in Feb)
- 174 Pending Sales (149 in Feb)
- 130 Closed Sales (86 in Feb)
- Average Sale Price for March of $475,900. ($518,300 in Feb)
- NOTE: Higher-Priced vs Lower-Priced Homes Sales can scew the “Average” in any given month. Lake Oswego has quite a variety, so this tends to be a less meaningful stat, generally speaking, in this niche.
- Average Time on the Market: 104 Days (100 in Feb)