Here is the latest data for you on the overall Portland area, as well as specific Lake Oswego/West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) numbers:
The latest real estate numbers in Portland and the Lake Oswego/West Linn areas for September are in. Overall numbers are down from August and up from last year
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area September, 2014:
- At 2,378, September Closed Sales dropped 8% from the month prior (August), and/but were up a full 10.2% from September of 2013’s 2,158 .
- There were 3,102 New Listings in September which was 6.1% higher than September 2013, but down 13.4% from the month prior.
- The Average Sale Price in September of $338,100 was down $1,900 from the month prior. The first nine months of 2014 are logging an Average Sale Price of $333,000, which is up 7.4% over the same time period in 2013.
- September Pending Sales (accepted offers), at 2,551, were down 5.7% from the month prior. That said, the Pending sales for September are up a full 15% over September 2013. ***This was the strongest September for Pending sales since 2006 when there were 2,599!
In Lake Oswego and West Lin steady activity with all numbers down slightly from August, and/but the Average Sale Price rising by $16,400… and interestingly, Average Time on the Market going from 57 to 100 days (that’s quite a jump!)
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for August reported:
- 501 Active Listings (August was 531)
- 177 New Listings (August was 185)
- 130 Pending Sales (August was 148)
- 140 Closed Sales (August was 134)
- An Average Sale Price of $536,600. (August was $520,200)
- Average Time on the Market: 100 Days (August was 57)