Here is the latest data for you on the overall Portland area, as well as specific Lake Oswego/West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) numbers:
The latest numbers shows mostly robust activity in Portland and the Lake Oswego/West Linn areas for July.
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area July, 2014:
- At 2,678, July Closed Sales rose 2.3% over the month prior (June), but fell 3.2% when compared with July of 2013.
- There were 3,954 New Listings in July... 2.0% higher than July 2013, but down 3% from the month prior when there were 4,078.
- The Average Sale Price in July, $344,700, was up nearly $10,000 (9,900) from the month prior! In addition the first seven months of 2014 are logging an Average Sale Price of $331,400, which is up 7.9% over the same time period in 2013.
- July Pending Sales (accepted offers), at 2,802, were down 5.5% from the month prior. This seems to indicate a slowing where Buyers were not making as many offers in July. That said, the Pending sales are up 2.3% over July 2013 .
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for July reported:
- 557 Active Listings
- 230 New Listings
- 148 Pending Sales
- 157 Closed Sales
- An average Sale Price of $560,900.
- Average Time on the Market: 85 Days