Here is the latest data for you on the overall Portland area, as well as specific Lake Oswego/West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) numbers:
The latest numbers show robust activity in Portland and the Lake Oswego/West Linn areas for May.
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area May, 2014:
- At 2,483, May Closed Sales rose 15.9% from April’s 2,143, but were down 7.4% from 2,682 in May 2013.
- There were 4,192 New Listings in May... 15.5% higherer than April’s 3,629, and also up 9.4% from May 2013 when there were 3,833.
- The Average Sale Price in May was $335,300, up $2,700. from April’s $332,600.
- May Pending Sales (accepted offers) were up 5.8% from April to 2,989, and/but just up .4% from May 2013.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for May reported:
- 515 Active Listings
- 256 New Listings
- 161 Pending Sales
- 139 Closed Sales
- An average Sale Price of $532,100.
- Average Time on the Market: 74 Days