The cherry trees are budding & the rest are growing tiny, light-green nodules that will become leaves. The air is warming, and spring is springing in Lake Oswego! People are eating out on the decks of restaurants on the Lake. Teens are cleaning up their water skiis and getting the boats ready. The shopping Center downtown is seeing extra activity with folks hunting for spring & summer dresses, table accoutrements, & sunglasses. Fresh flowers are gracing all of our homes, and we welcome the heaven that is the spring & summer months here.
The following is a sampling of activities coming right up in Lake Oswego:
* Teen Poetry Slam – Thurs Apr 3rd – 7-8PM – Lake Oswego Library – Click HERE for more info.
* Trillium Festival & Hardy Plant Sale – Sat & Sun April 5th & 6th – 10AM – 4PM Tryon Creek – Click HERE for more details.
* Arbor Week Festival and Tree Planting – Kickoff Sun, April 6th – Noon – 3PM – Millenium Plaza Park -Click HERE for more details.
* Preschool Storytime – Tues, April 8th (repeats weekly) – 10:30 – 11AM – Lake Oswego Library – Click HERE for Program Details.
* Performing Arts – Wed, April 9th – 1-2PM – Lake Oswego Library – Seattle folk singer, Rose Laughlin performs captivating Celtic and American folk songs – Click HERE for more info.
* Boones Ferry Road Project Advisory Committee Meeting – Tues, April 15th – 9 – 11AM – West End Building – Click HERE for more info.