Here are some Market Notes for You~
You’ve probably heard that market activity all around Portland is picking up, and Dianne and I are certainly experiencing it. Here is some recent data for you on the overall Portland area, as well as specific Lake Oswego/West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) activity:
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area October, 2012. “At 2,103, closed sales were 42.7% higher than October 2011 sales of 1,474, and 11% higher than closed sales in Sept. 2012.
- “This was the best October since 2006 for Pending and Closed sales.”"
- The average sale price year-to-date ($273,400) rose 3.7% over the same period last year,
- ***AND… Total time on the market has dropped by 21% from 144 to 102 days.
For our Property Blotter readers, the combined area of Lake Oswego and West Linn reported:
- 604 Active Listings
- 167 New Listings
- 120 Pending Sales
- 135 Closed Sales
- An average Sale Price of $475,600.
- Average Time on the Market: 108 Days