The City of Lake Oswego is mourning the unexpected passing of it’s beloved Police Chief, Dan Duncan. There will be a memorial service June 4th, 1:00PM at the Rolling Hills Community Church. Flags in the city will be at half-mast from now until that date. His family has set up a Memorial Site with photos and information. Well-wishers may leave messages there for them.
The Willamette Shore Trolley is up & running! This has been one of my favorite things to do with visitors to Lake Oswego for many, many years. I have photos of beloved family members and I enjoying the ride to & from Portland that I will always cherish. Make your own memories as the train winds along the waterfront & through the trees & neighborhoods that line this historic passage between the two cities. This route is also the one being considered for a possible streetcar! For a schedule of times & fares call 503 697 7436, or visit the Website.
The latest Market Activity Report for Portland Metro produced by RMLS shows the following data:
- Comparing April 2010 with April 2009: Closed Sales increased 49.1%, and Pending Sales rose 60.8% with New Listings going up by 23.8%
- When comparing April 2010 with March 2010, the average sale price rose just 0.6%
- Comparing January – April 2010 with the same period in 2009, Closed Sales increased 41.4%, with Pending Sales rising by 46.3% and New Listings by 15.4%
- April’s Total Market Time for Portland Metro was: 127 days
- Lake Oswego and West Linn’s Total Market Time was: 147 days
- Lake Oswego and West Linn’s Average Sales Price (RMLS lumps the two areas together) was $502,800.
- Lake Oswego and West Linn posted 101 Closed Sales in April with 1066 Active Listings
- Lake Oswego and West Linn saw a 113.8% increase in Pending Sales April 2010 compared to April 2009