Overview/Fluctuations ~ Market Data Sept 2021:
Again this last month we’re seeing a cooling indicative of Fall, with Buyer Activity slowed a bit and/but conversely, Seller activity (Listings) increasing. It’ll be interesting to see October’s activity as Fall is one of the best times to buy a property in Portland, especially given the competitive landscape this year. We’ll find out if Buyers come out for the opportunity it presents. Market time remains pretty much the same at 24 days. We also see another slight increase in inventory looking pretty steady during these last few months. Appreciation remains remarkable.
Rates: “With increased inflation pressures, rates have moved higher to roughly 3.25% currently. We are likely to continue to see rates moving higher in the coming months.” Gary Boyer, Regional VP, Directors Mortgage
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, Sept 2021:
- There were 3,760 New Listings in Sept 2021 up 15.2% from Sept 2020’s 3,264 and also up 1.7% from the previous month/August’s 3,698.
- At 3,167, Sept 2021’s Closed Sales are down 2.6% from Sept 2020’s 3,251, and also down 1.6% from the previous month/August’s total of 3,219
- At 3,170, Sept 2021’s Pending Sales increased 0.6% from Sept 2020’s 3,152, and decreased 10.3% from the previous month/August’s total of 3,535.
- The Average Sale Price in Sept 2021 of $571,500 is up $61,500 from last year/Sept 2020’s $510,000, and down $12,100. from the previous month/August’s $583,600.
- The “Median” Sale Price (the price smack dab in the middle of all sales) in Sept 2021 of $510,000 rose $59,000 from last year/Sept 2020’s $451,000, and was down $15,000 from the previous month/August’s $525,000.
154 Active Listings (Aug 161)
178 New Listings (Aug 168)
170 Pending Sales (Aug 163)
168 Closed Sales (Aug 171)
Average Sale Price for Sept: $975,700 (Aug $878,600)
NOTE: Higher-Priced vs Lower-Priced Homes Sales can skew the “Average” in any given month. Lake Oswego has quite a variety, so this tends to be a less meaningful stat, generally speaking, in this niche.
27 Days on the Market (Aug 23)