Here is your look at the latest numbers as released by RMLS for the overall Portland area and how Lake Oswego fits in just below.
Overview/Fluctuations ~ Market Data June 2021:
New Listings and Closings increased in June, and/but Accepted Offers (Pendings) decreased from last year’s June figures as well as last month /May.
Inventory rose a whopping .1% in June (ha ha). We’re still at record (record) lows. While we’re talking records, check out those neighborhood appreciation levels below. Just wow.
My trusted mortgage advisor says rates are down a bit to 3.0%! Fed is indicating that they’ll continue to support the markets as the job picture improves.
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, June 2021:
- There were 4,298 New Listings in June 2021 increased 17.5% over April 2020’s 3,658 and increased 8.2% from the previous month/May’s 3,971.
- At 3,477, June 2021’s Closed Sales are up 28.3% from June 2020’s 2,709, and also up 9.2% from the previous month/May’s total of 3,183
- At 3,534, June 2021’s Pending Sales decreased 3.3% from June 2020’s 3,654, and also dropped 4.9% from the previous month/May’s total of 3,717.
- The Average Sale Price in June 2021 of $597,100 is up $117,400 from last year/June2020’s $479,700, and up $14,900. from the previous month/May’s $582,200.
- The “Median” Sale Price (the price smack dab in the middle of all sales) in June 2021 of $521,000 rose $86,000 from last year/June 2020’s $435,000, and also increased $6,000 from the previous month/May’s $515,000.
- 146 Active Listings (May 129)
- 262 New Listings (May 222)
- 202 Pending Sales (May223)
- 229 Closed Sales (May 199)
- Average Sale Price for June: $1,018,100 (May $928,300)
- NOTE: Higher-Priced vs Lower-Priced Homes Sales can skew the “Average” in any given month. Lake Oswego has quite a variety, so this tends to be a less meaningful stat, generally speaking, in this niche.
- 21 Average Days on the Market (May 28)