Here is your wider Portland Market Report according to RMLS data, with overall Neighborhood changes and Lake Oswego data broken out below.
Overview/Fluctuations ~ Market Data March 2021:
Low Inventory continues to be the driver of competition in the greater Portland area where we see price increases in most neighborhoods/areas from the prior month & all areas increasing over 2020. (See below for breakdown). Comparing 2021 to the same period in 2020 thru March, Overall Average Price has increased 16.6% and Median Price 14.9%.
My trusted Mortgage Advisors say Mortgage rates are hovering around 3.125%. This rate varies and can be reduced with a buy-down, or affected by individual qualifiers. I’m happy to connect you with someone to discuss your particular situation.
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, March 2021:
- There were 3,465 New Listings in March 2021 decreased only slightly at 0.1% from March 2020’s 3,468 and increased 40.1% from the previous month/February’s 2,474.
- At 2,556, March 2021’s Closed Sales are up 8.5% from March 2020’s 2,356, and also up 29.2% from the previous month/February’s total of 1,978
- At 3,346, March 2021’s Pending Sales increased 42.6% from March 2020’s 2,347, and also jumped up by 51.5% from the previous month/February’s total of 2,208.
- The Average Sale Price in March 2021 of $554,300 is up $88,800 from last year/March2020’s $465,500, and up $12,300. from the previous month/February’s $542,000.
- The “Median” Sale Price (the price smack dab in the middle of all sales) in March 2021 of $488,000 rose $63,000 from last year/March 2020’s $425,000, and also increased $8,900 from the previous month/February’s $479,100.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for the month of March 2021 reported:
- 112 Active Listings (Feb 82)
- 188 New Listings (Feb 97)
- 156 Pending Sales (Feb 92)
- 112 Closed Sales (Feb 92)
- Average Sale Price for Mar: $944,100 (Feb $876,900)
- NOTE: Higher-Priced vs Lower-Priced Homes Sales can skew the “Average” in any given month. Lake Oswego has quite a variety, so this tends to be a less meaningful stat, generally speaking, in this niche.
- 77 Average Days on the Market (Feb 77)