Here are the latest/August numbers for the entire Portland area:
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, June, 2016:
- There were 4,203 New Listings in August which was down 3.9% from July, and up 8.3% from August of 2015.
- At 3,001, August Closed Sales were up 8.1% from July’s 2,776, and down 3.1% from August of 2015’s 3,098.
- August Pending Sales (Accepted Offers), at 3,325 were up 0.7% from July’s 3,302, and were also 0.7% lower than August of 2015’s 3,347.
- The Average Sale Price in August of $400,100 was down $7,000 from July’s $407,100, and also up around $35,500 from August of 2015’s $364,600.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) for the month of August 2016 reported:
- 452 Active Listings (July/410)
- 229 New Listings (July/288)
- 162 Pending Sales (July/189)
- 166 Closed Sales (July/165)
- Average Sale Price for August: $619,600 (July/ $650,200)
- NOTE: Higher-Priced vs Lower-Priced Homes Sales can skew the “Average” in any given month. Lake Oswego has quite a variety, so this tends to be a less meaningful stat, generally speaking, in this niche.
- Average Time on the Market: 59 Days (July /45)