April is seeing, generally, Price and New Listings increases over March, and a decrease in overall productive activity (Closed & Pending Sales) compared to April of last year.
Here are the latest/April numbers for the entire Portland area:
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, April, 2016:
- There were 4,082 New Listings in April which was up 19.7% from March’s (3,409), and up 3.4% from April of 2015 (3,949).
- At 2,611, April Closed Sales were up 1.8% from March’s 2,565, and down 4.5% from April of 2015’s 2,734.
- April Pending Sales (Accepted Offers), at 3,432 were up 11.6% from March’s 3,076, but were 5% lower than April of 2015’s 3,613.
- The Average Sale Price in April of $397,700 was up $12,600 over March’s $385,100, and also up around $50,200 from April of 2015’s $347,500.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) for the month of April 2016 reported:
- 324Active Listings (March was 284)
- 255 New Listings (March was 189 )
- 177 Pending Sales (March was 150) ***Down 11.5% from Apr 2015)
- 150 Closed Sales (March was 114)
- Average Sale Price for April: $650,000 (March/$639,500. )
- NOTE: Higher-Priced vs Lower-Priced Homes Sales can skew the “Average” in any given month. Lake Oswego has quite a variety, so this tends to be a less meaningful stat, generally speaking, in this niche.
- Average Time on the Market: 57 Days (March was 92)