Here are the August numbers for Portland and the Lake Oswego/West Linn areas (RMLS lumps them together).
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, August, 2015:
- There were 3,880 New Listings in August which was down a full 9.2% from the previous month/July, but up 8.3% from August of 2014.
- At 3,098 August Closed Sales fell 10.3% from July’s numbers, and were up 19.8% from August of 2014.
- August Pending Sales (accepted offers), at 3,347 were down 4.2% from the previous month, and fared 23.8% better than August of 2014.
- The Average Sale Price in August of $364,600 was down $4,500. from July’s Average of $369,100, and up $24,600 from August of 2014’s $340,000.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for the month of August 2015 reported:
- 454 Active Listings (July was 447)
- 228 New Listings (July was 253)
- 181 Pending Sales (July was 190)
- 181 Closed Sales (July was 201)
- Average Sale Price for August of $574,800. (July/$570,800)
- NOTE: Higher-Priced vs Lower-Priced Homes Sales can skew the “Average” in any given month. Lake Oswego has quite a variety, so this tends to be a less meaningful stat, generally speaking, in this niche.
- Average Time on the Market: 59 Days (July was 65)