Here are the most recent real estate numbers for Portland and the Lake Oswego/West Linn areas (RMLS lumps them together).
Enjoy! I hope you find this helpful.
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, May, 2015:
- There were 4,161 New Listings in May which was up 5.4% from the previous month/April, but down 0.7% from May of 2014.
- At 2,942 May Closed Sales increased 7.6% over April, and were up 18.5% from May of 2014.
- May Pending Sales (accepted offers), at 3,546, was down a bit from the previous month by 1.9%, and was 18.6% better than May of 2014.
- The Average Sale Price in May of $359,100 was up $11,600. from April’s Average of $347,500, and up $23,800 from May of 2014’s $335,300.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for the month of May 2015 reported:
- 414 Active Listings (364 in April)
- 276 New Listings (237 in April)
- 191 Pending Sales (200 in March)
- 155 Closed Sales (161 in March)
- Average Sale Price for May of $533,300. ($506,300. in April)
- NOTE: Higher-Priced vs Lower-Priced Homes Sales can scew the “Average” in any given month. Lake Oswego has quite a variety, so this tends to be a less meaningful stat, generally speaking, in this niche.
- Average Time on the Market: 78 Days (73in April)