The most recent real estate numbers for Portland and the Lake Oswego/West Linn areas (RMLS lumps them together) are available.
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, January, 2015:
- There were 2,762 New Listings in January which was up a whopping 79.4% from December, and up 6.9% from January of 2013.
- At 1,477, January Closed Sales dropped 34% from the month prior, but were up a full 5.8% from January of 2013.
- January Pending Sales (accepted offers), at 2,294, were very strong. Up… 37.6% from December, and up 13.2% from January 2013.
- Comparing the 12 months ending January 31st of 2015 with the same 12 month period ending January 2014, Average Sales Price is up 7%. The Average Sale Price in January of $329,400 was down $2,200 from the month prior.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for the month of January 2015 reported:
- 337 Active Listings
- 166 New Listings
- 113 Pending Sales
- 68 Closed Sales
- An Average Sale Price for December of $533,500.
- Average Time on the Market: 84 Days