The latest real estate numbers for Portland and the Lake Oswego/West Linn areas (RMLS lumps them together) are in. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that numbers are up for 2014. December saw some customary slowing from November, but overall, the year’s totals look pretty darned good.
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area, December, 2014:
- At 2,239, December Closed Sales rose 15.6% over the month prior, and were up a full 25.6% from December of 2013’s 1,782.
- December Pending Sales (accepted offers), at 1,667, were down quite a bit…20.3% from the month prior (which is somewhat understandable during the holidays). That said, the Pending sales are up a full 12.3% over December 2013‘s 1,484.
- There were 1,540 New Listings in December which was 19.9% down from November, but up 15.5% from December of 2013’s 1,333.
- The Average Sale Price in December of $331,600 was down $4,400 from the month prior. The year 2014 finished with an Average Sale Price of $333,000, which is up 7.2% over 2013‘s finishing number which was $310,600.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for the month of December 2014 reported:
- 348 Active Listings
- 79 New Listings
- 81 Pending Sales (up 6.6% over December 2013)
- 117 Closed Sales
- An Average Sale Price for December of $512,500.
- Average Sale Price for Year to Date (so…2014) of $527,500. (up 9.5% over 12 month rolling average in 2013)
- Average Time on the Market: 105 Days