Here is the latest data for you on the overall Portland area, as well as specific Lake Oswego/West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) numbers:
In the month of January 2014 the Portland area overall is doing rather well, showing the best numbers for New Listings, in particular, since 2007!
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area January, 2014:
- At 1,396, January Closed Sales were down 21.7% from December, and/but 3.9% higher than January 2013.
- There were 2,583 New Listings in January…nearly doubling over December’s 1,333, and 5.9% higher than January 2013.
- The Average Sale Price in January was $317,200, up $8,500. from December’s $308,700.
- January Pending Sales (accepted offers) were 36.6% higher than December, and 6.3% higher than January 2013.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for January reported:
- 382 Active Listings
- 184 New Listings
- 103 Pending Sales
- 69 Closed Sales
- An average Sale Price of $486,600.
- Average Time on the Market: 106 Days