Here is the latest data for you on the overall Portland area, as well as specific Lake Oswego/West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) activity:
It’s still Fall in Lake Oswego & the Portland area (though it is starting to feel more like Winter : ) and that means we see a continued seasonal slowing in real estate activity (you all know this ; ), but there are still steady sales going on. So far this year the overall Portland area has seen 23,955 Accepted Offers. We’ve also had a whopping 22,909 Closed Sales so far which is up 16.2% compared to last year at this same time. October had the most Closed Sales since 2006! Yes, things are looking up, up, up!
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area October, 2013:
- At 2,189, October Closed Sales increased 1.4% over September , and 4.1% over October 2012.
- There were 2,535 New Listings in October. This was a decrease of 13.3% from September, and an increase of 5% over October of 2012.
- The Average Sale Price in October was $314,100, down from $317,300 in September.
- October Pending Sales (accepted offers) dropped by 4.2% compard to September, and decreased by 2.4% as compared to October 2012.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for October reported:
- 489 Active Listings
- 137 New Listings
- 132 Pending Sales
- 117 Closed Sales
- An average Sale Price of $438,400.
- Average Time on the Market: 79 Days