Here is the latest data for you on the overall Portland area, as well as specific Lake Oswego/West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) activity:
September’s activity is what they’re calling “Tapering Seasonally” : ) It’s down from August, but very strong compared to last year. According to RMLS, it was the strongest September for New Listings since 2010!
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area September, 2013:
- At 2,158, September Closed Sales were a 17.7% down from August’s 2,623, and/but represent the best the best September for Closed Sales since 2006 when there were 2,506 !
- There were 2,925 New Listings in September. This was a decrease of 14.5% from August, and an increase of 19.3% over September of 2012’s total of 2,451.
- The Average Sale Price in August was $317,300, down from $321,900 in August 2013.
- Pending Sales (accepted offers) dropped slightly from August 2013’s total of 2,614 to 2,219 in September.
The combined areas of Lake Oswego and West Linn for August reported :
- 558 Active Listings
- 161 New Listings
- 110Pending Sales
- 111Closed Sales
- An average Sale Price of $459,800.
- Average Time on the Market: 78Days