Here is the latest data for you on the overall Portland area, as well as specific Lake Oswego/West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) activity:
July numbers were very good, mostly “up” and much better than the trend we saw from May to June.
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area June, 2013:
- At 2,766, July Closed Sales were a 10.2% increase from June’s 2,500, and a big jump over July 2012’s total of 1,973.
- There were 3,877 New Listings in July. This was an increase of 3.4% from June, and an increase of 22.6% over July of 2012.
- The Average Sale Price in July was $326,500, up $12,600. from $313,900 in June 2013.
- Pending Sales (accepted offers) dropped slightly from June 2013’s total of 2,804 to 2,738 in July.
For our Property Blotter readers, the numbers for the combined area of Lake Oswego and West Linn were up in all but one categories (last month Pendings were at 152 : ):
- 561 Active Listings
- 245 New Listings
- 150Pending Sales
- 183 Closed Sales
- An average Sale Price of $525,300.
- Average Time on the Market: 88Days