Here is the latest data for you on the overall Portland area, as well as specific Lake Oswego/West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) activity:
Well, hopefully you’re not getting tired of hearing about how the market is trending upward!
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area May, 2013:
- At 2,682, Closed Sales were a 26.2% increase over April, and a 27.8% increase over May of 2012.
- There were 3,833 New Listings in May. The last time this number was higher was July 2010 at 4,029.
- The Average Sale Price in May was $316,900, up from $302,600 in April 2013.
- Pending Sales (accepted offers) increased from April 2013, but only slightly from 2,942 to 2978 in May.
For our Property Blotter readers, the combined area of Lake Oswego and West Linn also reported fantastic numbers:
- 480 Active Listings
- 252 New Listings
- 188 Pending Sales
- 154 Closed Sales
- An average Sale Price of $474,700.
- Average Time on the Market: 108 Days