Here is the latest data for you on the overall Portland area, as well as specific Lake Oswego/West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) activity:
Someone flipped a switch around mid-late December, and it’s been nothing but “up” for the Portland real estate market ever since! You’ve probably noticed, (unless it’s just the circles I run in : ) it’s been the topic on everyone’s lips for months… and doesn’t appear to show signs of slowing down or giving up the spotlight any time soon.
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area April, 2013:
- At 2,125, Closed Sales were a 9.8% increase over March, and a 16.6% increase over April of 2012.
- There were 3,623 New Listings, which is an increase of 20.7% over March 2013.
- The Average Sale Price in April was $302,600, up from $299,000 in March 2013.
- Pending Sales (accepted offers) increased from March 2013 by 11.9% to 2,942.
For our Property Blotter readers, the combined area of Lake Oswego and West Linn also reported fantastic numbers:
- 466 Active Listings
- 252 New Listings
- 160 Pending Sales
- 113 Closed Sales
- An average Sale Price of $448,600.
- Average Time on the Market: 118 Days