Here is some recent data for you on the overall Portland area, as well as specific Lake Oswego/West Linn (RMLS lumps them together) activity:
According to the RMLS Market Action Report for the Portland Metro Area February, 2013.
- At 1,376, Closed Sales were the best since 2008!
- There were 2,453 New Listings (virtually the same as January 2013, and an 1.6% decrease from Feb. 2012).
- The Average Sale Price in February was $282,000. Comparing the average price of $278,600 during the last 12 months ending on Feb 28th 2013, with the same 12 month period ending Feb., 2012 of $263,300, there has been an increase of 5.8%
- Pending Sales increased from January 2013 by 11.8% to 2,130.
For our Property Blotter readers, the combined area of Lake Oswego and West Linn reported:
- 432 Active Listings
- 140 New Listings
- 112 Pending Sales
- 74 Closed Sales
- An average Sale Price of $451,900.
- Average Time on the Market: 157 Days