- What would YOU lock in the vault? That is what the city of Lake Oswego is asking residents. On 10/10/10 the city will culminate the celebration of its Centennial with the burial of a time capsule. Submission of ideas are due by 9/30 HERE.
- The Foothills Dock is now open! Ribbon cutting is set for… tonight! 9/30 at 5:30PM.
- Dianne has given you a heads-up regarding the Lake Draw-Down. The draw-down will be 22 feet according to the city’s site. We’re warned of increased truck traffic during this time. Refill will begin in January, 2011 and continue until May. Here is a link which includes videos & information on what the lake will look like during the draw-down.
- October 16 marks this year’s “Neighbors Helping Neighbors” event. If you would like to contribute your time to helping with yard work, tree & shrub removal, trimming and more… or if you need help yourself, please call: 503 635 0257, or visit the site HERE.
Mortgage Updates from Pat Goodell of Academy Mortgage:
- Fannie, Freddie and FHA have come out with new condo guidelines that are meant to make it easier for condos to be approved, and for buyers to be able to purchase a condo.
- FHA will be changing the allowable amount sellers can pay for closing costs/pre-paids. Currently at 6% and will go to 3% — no date set but expected by the first of the year.
Enjoy that summertime weather for the next few days! It should be great for touring homes on Sunday. I’ll be holding two of my listings Open in Lake Oswego on Sunday…. come & say hi! More on that & the rest of the Open Houses for you on Saturday.